This continues the first and second year of the Engage Programme. The first year launched in September 2020 and invested £16m in schools in the 2020/21 academic year. The second year was launched in September 2021 and invested £24m in schools in the 2021/22 academic year. The second year of the programme was expanded to include Special schools, funded pre-school education settings and EOTAS settings in 2021/22.
Given the ongoing impact of COVID-19 related disruption on children and young people across the education system, the third year of the Engage Programme will continue in its expanded form.
Guidance on the Engage II Programme is available on the Department's website.
This updates the guidance available for the first two years of the Engage programme, and introduces additional flexibility and autonomy for primary and post primary schools.
Engage funding allocations
The level of funding due to settings has been determined according to assessed levels of disadvantage and number of pupils enrolled. More detail on this is set out in the programme guidance above.
A list of individual funding allocations to primary and post-primary schools and pre-school education settings for the period September 2022 to December 2022 is available on the Department's website.
- Engage Programme setting allocations (September 2022 to December 2022
Engage Programme setting allocations (January 2023 to March 2023)
Special schools and EOTAS settings have been notified of their funding allocations directly.
All schools receiving Engage funding will be required to use the online “Engage III Planner” to capture a range of key information on delivery of the programme. It is designed to be as simple and easy to use as possible.
The Engage Planner will allow the Department to -
- better understand how schools are using Engage funding,
- illustrate the range of interventions and support being offered, and
- demonstrate the positive impact those resources are having on children and young people.
The Engage III Planner will be available for schools to access on the Wholeschool School Development Planning platform from 1 September 2022. Further information on how to access the system is provided in section 6 of the above guidance document.
Access Instructions for Schools
The Engage II Planner is accessible through Wholeschool software held on the C2k network by following these steps:
- Log in to “MySchool” using your single-sign on password,
- On the right of the menu, go to the App Launch Pad and select ‘View All’,
- Choose the ‘Online Learning’ category,
- Open the Wholeschool App in this folder (you may need to scroll onto the next page to view),
- On the Wholeschool Dashboard, choose Engage planner - click here to access and complete your Engage form,
- Click on “The Engage III Plan”,
- Complete the planner.
Further help and support on how to complete the Engage Planner, including an instructional video, is available on the application itself which schools can access via the icon on the My School dashboard on C2k. Funded pre-schools education settings can access the videos through links provided in section 6 of the above guidance document.
Further Help and Support
Ongoing advice and support is available in terms of managing and implementing the Engage programme. Section 6 of the above guidance document for schools includes a list of relevant contact details according to the nature of the enquiry.