The Department of Education (DE) has launched a public appointments competition to appoint members to fill vacant member positions on the Boards of the following ALBs:
Youth Council NI (YCNI) is a non-departmental public body responsible for advising DE, the Education Authority and other bodies on the development of the Youth Service; encouraging cross‑community activity by the youth service; encouraging the provision of facilities for the youth service and facilities which are especially beneficial to young persons; and encouraging and assisting the co‑ordination and efficient use of resources by the youth service.
Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) is a non-departmental public body responsible for keeping under review all aspects of the curriculum, examinations and assessment for schools and colleges of further education including developing, conducting and moderating qualifications and assessments.
Applications are invited for the following positions:
YCNI – Chairperson, Vice Chairperson and at least five members;
CCEA – three members.
DE is committed to the principles of public appointments based on merit with independent assessment, openness and transparency of process. DE is also committed to providing equality of opportunity for all applicants and to improving diversity and eradicating under-representation on the boards of its ALBs.
Applications are welcomed from all backgrounds regardless of religious belief, gender, disability, ethnic origin, political opinion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or whether or not you have dependents. Applications are particularly welcome from women, people under 30 years of age, members of ethnic minorities and people with disabilities. For YCNI, applications are also welcome from individuals with a background and experience in youth work and/or youth service. For CCEA, applications are also welcome from individuals with a background and experience in business, primary/higher education or finance/accountancy.
Details of the roles and the full selection criteria are set out in the application pack which is available by contacting the Department. The closing date for applications is 5pm on 10 July 2018.
Notes to editors:
1. The competition will reflect the principles and practices of the Commissioner for Public Appointments (CPANI) Code of Practice. All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process.
2. Copies of the application pack can be obtained from the Department in the following ways:
Telephone: (028) 9127 9461/9704
Website: www.education-ni.gov.uk or
In writing: Education Governance Team, Department of Education, 5th floor, Rathgael House, 43 Balloo Road, Rathgill, Bangor Co Down, BT19 7PR.
3. Application packs can be made available in other formats egBraille, large print. Requests for documents in alternative formats can be made by contacting the Department as above.CVs, letters, additional pages or any other supplementary material should not be submitted in place of or in addition to the completed application form.
4. Follow the Department of Education on Twitter @Education_NI
5. Media enquiries to the Department of Education’s Communications Team on Tel: 028 9127 9207.Out of office hours, contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07699715440 and your call will be returned.
- Applications sought for Board Members for Arms Length Bodies (ALBS) 14 June 2018
- Teacher workforce statistics and teacher vacancies, sickness absence and substitution statistics published 14 June 2018
- Approximately £6million Investment for Youth Sector capital projects 01 June 2018
- 25 schools successful in School Enhancement Programme 2nd call 08 May 2018