The Department of Education today announced it is extending the appointment term for the Board members of the Youth Council for Northern Ireland (YCNI).
Máire Young OBE (Chair), Herbert Faulkner OBE (Vice-Chair) and Anne-Marie McClure MBE (member) were originally appointed on 13 May 2000. Derek Capper (member) was appointed on 11 June 2003. Hugh Campbell (member) and June Trimble MBE (member) were appointed on 9 February 2015. The term of all appointments have been extended until 30 September 2018.
All Board members bring a wealth of experience of working in or with the voluntary and community sector, particularly the youth sector. They also have experience of contributing to strategic direction and planning in an organisation and the ability to apply a high standard of accountability, corporate governance and risk management in an organisation.
None of the appointees holds any other Ministerial public appointment although Mr Herbert Faulkner holds three other appointments as a school governor of Bligh’s Lane Nursery School and as Chairperson of the Board of Governors (BoG) of both Strathfoyle Nursery School and Fountain Primary School. None of the appointees has carried out any political activity in the last five years.
Notes to editors:
- The YCNI was established under the Youth Service (Northern Ireland) Order 1989. It is a Non-Departmental Public Body (NDPB) reporting to DE.
- The position of Chair and Vice-Chair are remunerated.Remuneration for the Chair is £15,131 per annum and remuneration for the Vice-Chair is £4,771 per annum.The remaining positions are not remunerated, although travel and subsistence allowances may be awarded.
- All Ministerial appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process.However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland (CPANI) requires the political activity of appointees to be published.
- Media enquiries to the Department of Education’s Press Office on Tel: 028 9127 9207. Out of office hours contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974 383 and your call will be returned.
- Appointment of new members to the Education Authority Board 17 July 2018
- New £21million Castle Tower School officially opened 27 June 2018
- Teacher workforce statistics and teacher vacancies, sickness absence and substitution statistics published 14 June 2018
- Approximately £6million Investment for Youth Sector capital projects 01 June 2018