Commenting on the Executive’s allocation of an additional £20million for education, Education Minister John O’Dowd said:
“I am delighted that the Finance Minister has allocated an additional £20million for education. This additional funding further demonstrates the Executive’s commitment to our young people’s future, by supporting education, a cornerstone of the society in which we live and a foundation for the future of all our young people.”
Notes to editors:
1. The Department of Education’s ‘Education Works’ campaign promotes the value of education. This year’s campaign aims to ensure that parents have information on schooling and that they are aware of the steps they can take to ‘Get Involved’ and support their teenager in achieving good outcomes at school. Watch out for the ads on television, radio and outdoor locations. The campaign highlights the vital role families can play in helping children do well at school and improve their life chances. Visit nidirect - Education Works for more information or watch the TV ad on the Department’s YouTube channel.
2. See photos from the Department of Education in our flickr collection.
3. Media enquiries to the Department of Education’s Communications Team on Tel: 028 9127 9207. Out of office hours contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07699715440 and your call will be returned.
- Letter from Minister for Education to schools on cluster arrangements 31 March 2020
- New ‘clustering’ guidance published for schools 31 March 2020
- Information on schools open for vulnerable children and key workers’ children 30 March 2020
- Ministers take action in relation to Free School Meals payment 26 March 2020