Education Minister John O’Dowd has welcomed €35.29millon for shared education from the new Peace IV Programme.
Shared education is one of four key priority areas in the Peace IV 2014-2020 Programme.
John O’Dowd said:
“We know that a key feature of high performing education systems are equality and inclusion promoted through shared education.
“Therefore this investment in shared education by Peace IV is very welcome as we continue our work to create the best outcomes for our children and young people.
“In addition the investment contributes to our overall aim of a shared and inclusive society and I am pleased to see education playing a key role in achieving that objective.”
Notes to editors:
- The Department of Education’s ‘Education Works’ campaign promotes the value of education. This year’s campaign aims to ensure that parents have information on schooling and that they are aware of the steps they can take to ‘Get Involved’ and support their teenager in achieving good outcomes at school. Watch out for the ads on television, radio and outdoor locations. The campaign highlights the vital role families can play in helping children do well at school and improve their life chances. Visit nidirect - Education Works for more information or watch the TV ad on the Department’s YouTube channel.
- See photos from the Department of Education in our Flickr collection.
- Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office Tel: 028 9127 9207. Out of office hours, contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 076 99 715 440, and your call will be returned.
- Letter from Minister for Education to schools on cluster arrangements 31 March 2020
- New ‘clustering’ guidance published for schools 31 March 2020
- Information on schools open for vulnerable children and key workers’ children 30 March 2020
- Ministers take action in relation to Free School Meals payment 26 March 2020