A new state-of-the art sports hall and drama studio has been officially opened at the Integrated College in Dungannon.
The £3.5million investment in the school under the School Enhancement Programme includes a new 3G pitch which was opened last December as well as accommodation for Dance and Drama.
Permanent Secretary for the Department of Education, Derek Baker, who attended the opening said:
“It is clear from looking at these excellent new facilities that the School Enhancement Programme is having very real benefits on our schools estate, providing much needed facilities and creating a better place for pupils to learn and flourish in.
“I am confident that the £3.5M investment in the new sports hall and synthetic pitch will have a positive impact on pupils, teachers and schools staff for generations to come.”
Notes to editors:
- The School Enhancement Project (SEP) was announced in 2013 for projects costing between £500,000 and £4,000,000. The programme is targeted to meet the immediate and pressing needs in schools where major capital works are not deemed deliverable.
- Work commenced on site July 2016 and the synthetic pitch was opened in December 2016.
- Follow us on Twitter @education_NI
- Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office Tel: 028 9127 9207. Out of office hours, contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 0762 397 4383 and your call will be returned.
- Appointment of Non-Executive Director to the Department of Education 20 November 2017
- Appointment of new members to Department of Education Non-Departmental Public Bodies 17 November 2017
- Launch of Anti-Bullying Week 13 November 2017
- 08 November 2017