New £3.8million accommodation has been officially opened at Ballymoney High School.
The project provided through the School Enhancement Programme includes a new two story standalone modular building to provide for Home Economics, ICT, 8 general classrooms and refurbishment of vacated rooms within the existing building.
Permanent Secretary for the Department of Education, Derek Baker, who attended the opening said:
“It is clear from looking at these excellent new facilities that the School Enhancement Programme is bringing very real benefits for our schools estate, providing much needed facilities and creating a better place for pupils in which to learn and flourish.
“The investment of over £3.8million in new and improved facilities at Ballymoney High School will have a positive impact on pupils, teachers and school staff now and for generations to come.”
Ballymoney High School Principal, Mrs Currie said:
“The enhanced facilities have had such a positive impact on provision in the school. The Music, Maths, Business Studies, ICT and Home Economics departments are all experiencing real educational benefits for young people in being able to offer the most up to date provision at the school.”
Notes to editors:
- The School Enhancement Project (SEP) was announced in 2013 for projects costing between £500,000 and £4,000,000. The programme is targeted to meet the immediate and pressing needs in schools where major capital works are not deemed deliverable.
- Work commenced on site in March 2015 and completed December 2016.
- Follow us on Twitter @education_NI
- Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office Tel: 028 9127 9207. Out of office hours, contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 0762 397 4383 and your call will be returned.
- Home to School Transport Review 03 December 2018
- Ten youth capital investment schemes given the go-ahead 29 November 2018
- New accommodation officially opened at St Joseph's Primary School, Newcastle 09 November 2018
- Nominate your school for Derrytrasna Pastoral Care Awards 06 November 2018