Education Minister Peter Weir today made a statement to the Ad Hoc Committee of the Assembly on the resumption of schools following the Christmas break and potential further actions to be taken within the education sector to limit the transmission of the Covid-19 virus.
A copy of the Minister’s statement is available at: https://bit.ly/3awgKLi
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter @Education_NI
- Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office via email at Press.Office@education-ni.gov.uk
- The Executive Information Service operates an out-of-hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- New £6.9million extension for Enniskillen Integrated Primary School officially opened 26 May 2023
- Independent review of special educational needs will drive forward change for children and young people 23 May 2023
- Pastoral Care awards for local schools 22 May 2023
- Primary school pupils in Northern Ireland continue to be among the best in the world in reading 16 May 2023