The Hon Mr Justice Colton today in the High Court determined that the terms of the Investing in the Teaching Workforce Scheme are lawful.
The application for Judicial Review was dismissed and the Court determined that the Scheme was a proportionate means of achieving a legitimate aim.
A spokesperson for the Department of Education said:
“The Department is pleased that the High Court has determined that the terms of the scheme are lawful. We intend to consult further with the Employing Authorities on the appropriate timing of the implementation of the pilot scheme, which was paused ahead of the Court’s determination.
“We will bring forward proposals for the implementation of the paused scheme and the progressing of conditional offers already made to teachers as soon as possible.”
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter @education_NI
- See photos from the Department of Education in our flickr collection.
- Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office Tel: 028 9127 9207. Out of office hours, contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623 974383, and your call will be returned.
- Give your child a Helping Hand – Support their education 29 January 2018
- Attendance at grant-aided schools 2016/17 25 January 2018
- Applications sought for School Governors across Northern Ireland 22 January 2018
- School closures due to adverse weather 18 January 2018