The Department of Education (DE) has launched a competition to appoint a Chairperson, Vice Chairperson and three Members of the Independent Review of Education Panel.
The focus of the Review will be on securing greater efficiency in delivery costs, raising standards, access to the curriculum for all pupils, and the prospects of moving towards a single education system.
Education Minister, Peter Weir said: “Having secured the Executive’s agreement to the Terms of Reference for the Independent Review of Education I am now keen to make progress. To that end, I have today launched a competition to appoint a Chairperson, Vice Chairperson and three Members of the Independent Review of Education Panel.
“The Review will consider a wide range of issues linked to the design and delivery of education. It will include consideration of the education journey and outcomes of children and young people, support for schools and settings and system level design.”
The Minister has explained that the Panel will be expected to engage with a wide range of stakeholders and also consider evidence on the strengths and weaknesses of the current system.
He said: “It is important that we approach the review with open minds. It will be based on evidence; learn from best practice locally and elsewhere; and, be informed by the voice of stakeholders including children and young people.
“If you are passionate about improving outcomes for children and young people and relish the challenge of improving our education system, I would encourage you to apply for a role on the Panel.”
Notes to editors:
- Details on the selection criteria, the role responsibilities, remuneration and time commitment are set out in the Information Booklet which is part of the application pack. The closing date for receipt of applications is 4:00pm on 26th March 2021
- The competition will reflect the principles and practices of the Commissioner for Public Appointments (CPANI) Code of Practice. The appointment will be made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process.
- The Executive agreed the Terms of Reference for the Review in December 2020 and they have been are available on the Department’s website – Terms of Reference.
- DE is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all backgrounds regardless of religious belief, gender, disability, ethnic origin, political opinion, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or whether or not you have dependents.
- Copies of the application pack can be obtained from the Department in the following ways:
- Website: https://www.education-ni.gov.uk/independent-review-education
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: (028) 9185 8022 or
- By writing to: Independent Review of Education Team, Department of Education, 1st Floor, Rathgael House, 43 Balloo Road, Rathgill, Bangor, BT19 7PR
- Application packs can be made in a different format e.g. large print please contact us. CVs and late applications will not be accepted.
- Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office on: 028 9127 9207. Out of office hours, contact the Duty Press Officer on 02890 378110 and your call will be returned.
- Follow us on Twitter @Education_ni
- Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office at Press.Office@education-ni.gov.uk
- The Executive Information Service operates an out-of-hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Update on resumption of youth services 08 April 2021
- Expert Panel on Educational Underachievement publishes Interim Report 07 April 2021
- Appointment of Vice Chairperson and Directors to the Board of the Middletown Centre for Autism (MCA) 02 April 2021
- All pupils to return to school after Easter break 01 April 2021