The Minister of Education has announced the appointment of Mr Lindsay Todd OBE as Independent Chairperson of the NI Teachers’ Pension Scheme Board (NITPSB).
Mr Todd is currently a member of:
- NI Investment Fund Scrutiny Board
- Disciplinary Committee, Chartered Accountants Regulatory Board, Ireland
- Investment Committee, Queen’s University Belfast
Mr Todd holds the following public appointment:
- NI Local Government Officers’ Superannuation Committee – Chairperson (May 2019 to present)
Mr Todd has declared that he has not undertaken any political activity during the last five years.
Notes to editors:
- The NITPSB has responsibility for providing advice to the Scheme Manager about the scope and direction of the administration, as delivered by its service providers and Department of Education officials, ensuring that it remains at the forefront of public sector pension scheme administration and meets the changing needs of members and employers.
- The Chairperson will act as a figurehead for the NITPSB; providing effective leadership of the Board and oversight of all of its activities
- The Chairperson is appointed by, and is responsible to, the Minister of Education.
- The competition was widely advertised, including in the Public Appointments section of NI Direct.
- Mr Todd’s appointment commenced on 01 April 2021 and will end on 31 March 2024 (unless terminated before that time). The term of appointment can be extended, with the approval of the Minister of Education, for a further 2 years.
- The daily remuneration for the position is £396 plus travel and subsistence allowances. The time commitment is between 10 to 20 days per year (the Board meets 4 times per annum).
- Follow us on Twitter @Education_NI and our Facebook page, Department of Education Northern Ireland.
- Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office at Press.Office@education-ni.gov.uk
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Weir announces £5m for summer youth activity scheme 10 May 2021
- Interim guidance on use of restraint and seclusion in educational settings 10 May 2021
- Appointment of DE members to the Council for Catholic Maintained Schools (CCMS) and its Diocesan Education Committees (DECs) 29 April 2021
- Work begins on new £12.6 million East Belfast Primary School 28 April 2021