The Department of Education has launched a public consultation on the Integrated Education Strategy Action Plan.
The Department has engaged with key interest groups and stakeholders, and this has informed the current proposed actions. The Action Plan focuses on five key areas:
- Effective Engagement and Consultation;
- Demand for Integrated Education;
- Measuring Progress;
- Ethos, Information and Guidance; and
- Regulation and Compliance.
The consultation is an opportunity to consider views about the future direction of the Action Plan and the Department welcomes all comments. The consultation forms part of a wide ranging and ongoing engagement.
The consultation documents and online questionnaire can be accessed here - https://consultations.nidirect.gov.uk/de/integrated-education-action-plan-consultation/
The consultation period will run from Thursday 31st August 2023 until Tuesday 31st October 2023 inclusive. Details of stakeholder events will be published on the Department’s website and on social media in due course.
The Strategy for Integrated Education in Northern Ireland was published in April 2023 and is an important step in contributing to the Department’s vision for Integrated Education, which is to create ‘a vibrant and supported network of sustainable integrated schools providing high-quality integrated education to children and young people’.
Notes to editors:
- The Integrated Education Act (Northern Ireland) 2022 became law on the 26 October 2022. This Act placed a duty on the Department of Education (DE) to prepare, publish and maintain a strategy for the encouragement, facilitation, support for and provision of integrated education.
- Follow us on Twitter @Education_NI
- Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office at Press.Office@education-ni.gov.uk.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out-of-hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Applications sought for members to the Council for the Curriculum, Examinations & Assessment 18 September 2023
- Construction work begins on £4.4 million sixth form accommodation at Parkhall Integrated College 18 September 2023
- Work begins on £11million building project for Coleraine Grammar School 11 September 2023
- Consultation launched on the Reduction and Management of Restrictive Practices in Educational Settings 05 September 2023