Lumen Christi College, Londonderry is set to benefit from over £15,000 investment under the Department of Education’s minor works programme.
Speaking about the investment, Education Minister Peter Weir said:
“Recently £15,174 capital funding has been approved for visual impairment works at Lumen Christi College.
It is estimated that over £51million will have been invested in the minor works programme in the 2016/17 financial year.”
Minor works are projects less than £500,000 and range from minor improvements to more significant projects and extensions.
In conclusion the Minister said:
“I am confident that the investment in minor works projects will help in the drive to improve educational standards. The completion of the works will ultimately provide better facilities for our children and young people to learn in and an improved working environment for teachers and other school staff. This ongoing significant investment also provides a boost to our local construction industry, helping to sustain jobs.”
Notes to editors:
- The contract was awarded to IMAC ESS, Dungiven
- Minor works are projects less than £500,000 (excl. VAT). The figures above exclude VAT and design and planning fees.
- Schemes for controlled schools and school meals accommodation in maintained schools are administered by the Education Authority. Schemes for maintained (other than school meals accommodation), voluntary grammar, grant maintained integrated and Irish-medium schools are processed and administered by the Department of Education.
- See photos from the Department of Education in our flickr collection
- Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office Tel: 028 9127 9207. Out of office hours, contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 076 99 715 440, and your call will be returned.
- Latest Department of Education updates in relation to COVID-19 (coronavirus) 08 April 2020
- Education Minister welcomes progress on teachers’ pay negotiations 08 April 2020
- Covid-19:Volunteering within the education sector 06 April 2020
- Education Minister calls for urgent volunteers to assist in education sector 06 April 2020