Education Minister, Michelle McIlveen, has today announced details of an education celebration programme to mark Her Majesty The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
The Platinum Jubilee Education Programme will provide a range of projects aimed at different age groups and aspects of the curriculum throughout the summer term.
The Programme includes a suite of Jubilee curriculum resources; a Poem Writing Competition; a Big Jubilee Summer Fair for schools; and a Bake Off competition for pupils. Schools will also be invited to take part in the Big NI Jubilee Message congratulating The Queen on reaching this significant milestone.
Making the announcement, Minister McIlveen said:
“I am pleased to announce details of the Platinum Jubilee Education Programme. The programme will provide a number of exciting education projects which will mark the Jubilee and support school communities to come together in a spirit of fun and friendship.
“It is a privilege to mark Her Majesty the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee and these projects will enhance teaching and learning opportunities for pupils across Northern Ireland.”
The curricular resources for schools will include a history module on the role of monarchy; an interactive timeline of The Queen’s reign; lessons and resources focused on the world, society and daily life in the 1950s; and a suite of film based resources to highlight The Queen’s connection with Northern Ireland using archive materials from The Queen’s visits.
Notes to editors:
- Caption: Education Minister announcing details of an education celebration programme to mark Her Majesty The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. The Minister is pictured with (l to r) Ann Tolson (Bloomfield Collegiate past pupil who attended the school in 1952), Bloomfield Collegiate Principal Gary Greer, Education Minister Michelle McIlveen and Head Girl Rachel Brady.
- Further details of individual projects will be provided to schools shortly.
- Schools who wish to participate in the Big Jubilee Summer Fair and Jubilee Bake Off projects will be provided with funding to facilitate these events.
- Follow us on Twitter @Education_NI
- Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office Tel: 028 9127 9207 or email: Press.Office@education-ni.gov.uk.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out-of-hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- McIlveen cuts first sod for new £33million build for Down High School 27 October 2022
- McIlveen extends Engage and Healthy Happy Minds programmes 27 October 2022
- New £14.5m Rossmar Special School officially opened 26 October 2022
- Nominate your school for Derrytrasna Pastoral Care Awards 25 October 2022