A new accommodation block for St Patrick’s Academy in Lisburn has been officially opened
The Ealaín building houses new state-of-the-art facilities for PE, Art, Music and Home Economics. The project was provided under the Department’s School Enhancement Programme which provides much needed facilities to improve school environments.
Speaking at the official opening, Fiona Hepper, Deputy Secretary, Department of Education said: “This a significant investment for St Patrick’s Academy and I know it will have a positive impact on pupils, teachers and school staff, now and for generations to come.
“Projects such as this one show the real benefits that investment under the School Enhancement Programme can have on our schools. The success of the programme is clearly evident in the excellent facilities that we can see here today at St Patrick’s Academy.
“I want to congratulate all those involved in the design and construction of the scheme especially Daly O’Neill Associates and Glassgiven Contracts for delivering this high quality accommodation well ahead of the planned schedule.”
Construction started on site in December 2016 and was competed in September 2018, coming in ahead of schedule and within budget.
Notes to editors:
- The School Enhancement Project (SEP) was announced in 2013 for projects costing between £500,000 and £4,000,000. The programme is targeted to meet the immediate and pressing needs in schools where major capital works are not deemed deliverable.
- The project was managed by Daly O’Neill Associates LTD and the construction contract was awarded to Glasgiven Contracts LTD.
- For media enquiries about this press release, please contact the DE Press Office on 028 9127 9755 or email: email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @education.ni and our new Facebook page: Department of Education NI
- Omagh Integrated primary school officially opened 17 May 2019
- Work starts on £3.8million Gaelscoil na gCrann in Omagh 10 April 2019
- Applications sought for board members for Middletown Centre for Autism 09 April 2019
- Local schools awarded for exceptional pastoral care 08 April 2019