Education Minister, John O'Dowd, has approved a Development Proposal to increase the admissions and enrolment numbers at Bocombra Primary School (PS), Portadown.
Commenting on the decision, the Minister said:
“The evidence shows that there is a consistent and increasing demand for places in the area. An increase in the approved enrolment at Bocombra Primary School will help cater for this demand.
“Taking all of the relevant information into account, I am content to approve this development proposal.”
The admission number at Bocombra Primary School will increase to 46 and the approved enrolment will increase to 320 from September 2016, or as soon as possible thereafter.
Notes to editors:
- Bocombra Primary School is a controlled co-educational primary school located near Portadown.
- On 24 September 2015 the former Southern Education and Library Board published Development Proposal (DP) 403 proposing to increase the enrolment of Bocombra Primary School from 300 to 320 with effect from 1 September 2016 or as soon as possible thereafter.
- The Education and Library Boards were replaced by the Education Authority on 1 April 2015.
- The Department of Education’s ‘Education Works’ campaign promotes the value of education. This year’s campaign aims to ensure that parents have information on schooling and that they are aware of the steps they can take to ‘Get Involved’ and support their teenager in achieving good outcomes at school. Watch out for the ads on television, radio and outdoor locations. The campaign highlights the vital role families can play in helping children do well at school and improve their life chances. Visit nidirect - Education Works for more information or watch the TV ad on the Department’s YouTube channel.
- See photos from the Department of Education in our flickr collection.
- Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office Tel: 028 9127 9207. Out of office hours, contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 076 99 715 440, and your call will be returned.
- Latest Department of Education updates in relation to COVID-19 (coronavirus) 29 May 2020
- Education Minister holds first pupil press conference 26 May 2020
- Statement from the Education Minister to the Ad Hoc Committee 21 May 2020
- Minister outlines plans to provide digital devices to disadvantaged children 21 May 2020