Education Minister, John O’Dowd, has offered his condolences following the tragic deaths in Donegal.
The Minister said:
“I offer my deepest sympathies to the families, friends and school communities who are all trying to come to terms with this terrible tragedy.
“Critical incident teams, offering assistance to the schools of these young people, have been deployed and will continue to assist schools as they offer support to classmates and their families at this very difficult time.”
Notes to editors:
- Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office Tel: 028 9127 9207. Out of office hours, contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 076 99 715 440, and your call will be returned.
- Latest Department of Education updates in relation to COVID-19 (coronavirus) 29 May 2020
- Education Minister holds first pupil press conference 26 May 2020
- Statement from the Education Minister to the Ad Hoc Committee 21 May 2020
- Minister outlines plans to provide digital devices to disadvantaged children 21 May 2020