The Department of Education welcomes the determination of public sector pay policy for 2017-18.
A Departmental spokesperson said:
“Today’s confirmation by the Department of Finance sets the parameters for public sector pay awards. The Department hopes that, with this clarification, the current industrial dispute with teaching unions can be resolved and schools can return to normal working.
“Management Side of the Teachers’ Negotiating Committee will be in contact with the teaching unions soon to progress this matter.”
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter @education_NI
- All media enquiries should be directed to the Department of Education Press Office Tel: 02891279207. Out of hours, contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 0762 397 4383 and your call will be returned.
- Applications sought for School Governors across Northern Ireland 22 January 2018
- School closures due to adverse weather 18 January 2018
- Briefing on Northern Ireland Budgetary Outlook 2018-20 22 December 2017
- New £2.9million improvement project at Sullivan Upper 15 December 2017