The Department of Education welcomes the determination of public sector pay policy for 2017-18.
A Departmental spokesperson said:
“Today’s confirmation by the Department of Finance sets the parameters for public sector pay awards. The Department hopes that, with this clarification, the current industrial dispute with teaching unions can be resolved and schools can return to normal working.
“Management Side of the Teachers’ Negotiating Committee will be in contact with the teaching unions soon to progress this matter.”
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter @education_NI
- All media enquiries should be directed to the Department of Education Press Office Tel: 02891279207. Out of hours, contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 0762 397 4383 and your call will be returned.
- Appointment of new members to the Education Authority Board 17 July 2018
- New £21million Castle Tower School officially opened 27 June 2018
- Teacher workforce statistics and teacher vacancies, sickness absence and substitution statistics published 14 June 2018
- Approximately £6million Investment for Youth Sector capital projects 01 June 2018