The Department of Education welcomes the determination of public sector pay policy for 2017-18.
A Departmental spokesperson said:
“Today’s confirmation by the Department of Finance sets the parameters for public sector pay awards. The Department hopes that, with this clarification, the current industrial dispute with teaching unions can be resolved and schools can return to normal working.
“Management Side of the Teachers’ Negotiating Committee will be in contact with the teaching unions soon to progress this matter.”
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter @education_NI
- All media enquiries should be directed to the Department of Education Press Office Tel: 02891279207. Out of hours, contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 0762 397 4383 and your call will be returned.
- Investing in the Teaching Workforce Scheme 2018/19 16 April 2018
- St Joseph’s Primary scoops Northern Ireland’s first National Nurturing School Award 13 April 2018
- School Meals in Northern Ireland 2017/18 Statistical Bulletin 12 April 2018
- School closures due to adverse weather 02 March 2018