The Department of Education welcomes the determination of public sector pay policy for 2017-18.
A Departmental spokesperson said:
“Today’s confirmation by the Department of Finance sets the parameters for public sector pay awards. The Department hopes that, with this clarification, the current industrial dispute with teaching unions can be resolved and schools can return to normal working.
“Management Side of the Teachers’ Negotiating Committee will be in contact with the teaching unions soon to progress this matter.”
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter @education_NI
- All media enquiries should be directed to the Department of Education Press Office Tel: 02891279207. Out of hours, contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 0762 397 4383 and your call will be returned.
- Ministers support cyber security message to protect children and young people online 11 February 2020
- Education Minister opens anti-bullying young people’s forum 07 February 2020
- Consultation on proposed update to nutritional standards for school food 30 January 2020
- £11.4 million works begin on St Patrick’s Primary School, North Belfast 23 January 2020