The Department of Education has announced the reappointment of one of its nominated members on the Board of Comhairle na Gaelscholaíochta (CnaG).
The Education Minister has now reappointed the following member for their second term of office which will be for a four-year term until 4 December 2024 unless terminated before that date.
The reappointment was made in accordance with the principles and practices of the Code of Practice of the Commissioner for Public Appointments. The reappointment is as follows:
Mr Gerard Patrick Adams is a retired school principal. Mr Adams is the current Chairperson of the CnaG Board and he holds one other public appointment as a member of the Dromore Diocesan Education Committee of the Council for Catholic Maintained Schools, for which he receives no remuneration.
Notes to editors:
- CnaG is a non-statutory body established in 2000 as a company limited by guarantee, to provide for the benefit of the public the development of all aspects of Irish-medium education. The body receives its core funding through grant-in-aid from the Department of Education (DE). Statutory authority for the payment of grant by the Department is contained within Article 89 (2) of the Education (Northern Ireland) Order 1998.
- There are a total of 14 members on the CnaG Board, including two DE nominated members. The DE vacancy on the CnaG Board is to be filled through an open public appointments competition (that includes positions on the Boards of the NI Council for Integrated Education and the General Teaching Council for NI), and this will be taken forward in the coming months.
- Members on the CnaG board are not remunerated but may claim travel and subsistence allowances.
- Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office at Press.Office@education-ni.gov.uk
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Follow us on Twitter @Education_NI and our Facebook page, Department of Education Northern Ireland.
- Applications sought for members to the Council for the Curriculum, Examinations & Assessment 18 September 2023
- Construction work begins on £4.4 million sixth form accommodation at Parkhall Integrated College 18 September 2023
- Work begins on £11million building project for Coleraine Grammar School 11 September 2023
- Consultation launched on the Reduction and Management of Restrictive Practices in Educational Settings 05 September 2023