A review of the alternative awarding arrangements for CCEA qualifications in summer 2020 series has been published.
The report, which was produced by Deloitte, highlights a number of key findings and is available on the Department’s website at: https://bit.ly/3qCPVtC
Education Minister, Peter Weir said: “I welcome the publication of this review and the findings it has outlined. It was important for me to commission a completely independent evaluation of awarding.
"The report recognises the extremely challenging circumstances which required the cancellation of examinations and the development of alternative awarding arrangements by CCEA.
“However, there are a number of areas where the report identifies important considerations which will be reflected in the development of alternative awarding arrangements for 2021.
“I know that students, teachers and parents are waiting to hear about these alternative arrangements and I hope to announce proposals in the coming weeks.”
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter @Education_ni
- Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office at Press.Office@education-ni.gov.uk
- The Executive Information Service operates an out-of-hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- McIlveen launches scheme to promote period dignity in schools 21 September 2021
- CPR Training for Post Primary Pupils 20 September 2021
- Major investment for outdoor play and learning in special schools 14 September 2021
- Schools no longer required to undertake contact tracing 09 September 2021