The Department of Education can confirm that funding for the clothing allowance (uniform grants) for the 2017/18 school year will remain at 2016 levels.
A spokesperson for the Department of Education said:
"This decision will allow the Education Authority to make payments to families at the existing rates. The Department continues to deal with major financial pressures and explore a range of measures which would allow it to live within the indicative 2017/18 budget. Following the Secretary of State’s written statement last week on Northern Ireland departments’ budget allocations, the Department has been able to finalise decisions on budget allocations across a range of programmes including deciding to maintain funding for the uniform allowance at current rates. The Department will be issuing allocation letters to relevant organisations in the coming days."
Notes to editors:
1. Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office Tel: 028 9127 9207. Out of office hours, contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 0762 397 4383 and your call will be returned.
- Appointment of new members to the Education Authority Board 17 July 2018
- New £21million Castle Tower School officially opened 27 June 2018
- Teacher workforce statistics and teacher vacancies, sickness absence and substitution statistics published 14 June 2018
- Approximately £6million Investment for Youth Sector capital projects 01 June 2018