The Department of Education can confirm that funding for the clothing allowance (uniform grants) for the 2017/18 school year will remain at 2016 levels.
A spokesperson for the Department of Education said:
"This decision will allow the Education Authority to make payments to families at the existing rates. The Department continues to deal with major financial pressures and explore a range of measures which would allow it to live within the indicative 2017/18 budget. Following the Secretary of State’s written statement last week on Northern Ireland departments’ budget allocations, the Department has been able to finalise decisions on budget allocations across a range of programmes including deciding to maintain funding for the uniform allowance at current rates. The Department will be issuing allocation letters to relevant organisations in the coming days."
Notes to editors:
1. Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office Tel: 028 9127 9207. Out of office hours, contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 0762 397 4383 and your call will be returned.
- New £2.9million improvement project at Sullivan Upper 15 December 2017
- Year 12 and Year 14 Examination Performance at Post-Primary Schools in Northern Ireland - Statistical Bulletin 14 December 2017
- Public Sector Pay Policy for 2017-18 13 December 2017
- Basic Statistics of Annual Enrolments at grant-aided schools 2017/18 published 12 December 2017