Education Minister Peter Weir today made a statement to the Assembly to outline his priorities for Area Planning.
A copy of the statement is available on the Department's website at Ministerial Statement on Draft Area Plan - 17 October 2016.
The Education Authority (EA) will today publish ‘Providing Pathways 2017-2020’ a draft Area Plan for 2017 to 2020 which covers primary, post-primary and special education for consultation. The consultation runs for 8 weeks from 17 October 2016 until 12 December 2016.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter @education_NI
- See photos from the Department of Education in our flickr collection.
- Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office Tel: 028 9127 9207. Out of office hours, contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07623974383, and your call will be returned.
- McIlveen cuts first sod for new £33million build for Down High School 27 October 2022
- McIlveen extends Engage and Healthy Happy Minds programmes 27 October 2022
- New £14.5m Rossmar Special School officially opened 26 October 2022
- Nominate your school for Derrytrasna Pastoral Care Awards 25 October 2022