Education Minister Michelle McIlveen has made a written ministerial statement to the Northern Ireland Assembly on the use of face coverings by post-primary pupils in classrooms.
The Minister has confirmed that post-primary pupils will no longer be required to wear face coverings in classrooms from 21 March.
A copy of the Minister’s statement is available here: Education Minister’s statement
A guidance note has been issued to all schools and is available here: Guidance note
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter @Education_ni
- Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office at Press.Office@education-ni.gov.uk.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out-of-hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Applications sought for members to the Council for the Curriculum, Examinations & Assessment 18 September 2023
- Construction work begins on £4.4 million sixth form accommodation at Parkhall Integrated College 18 September 2023
- Work begins on £11million building project for Coleraine Grammar School 11 September 2023
- Consultation launched on the Reduction and Management of Restrictive Practices in Educational Settings 05 September 2023