Education Minister Michelle McIlveen has made a written ministerial statement to the Northern Ireland Assembly on the use of face coverings by post-primary pupils in schools.
The Minister has confirmed that when schools return after the Easter break, it will no longer be recommended that post-primary pupils wear a face covering in corridors or confined communal areas. This will result in post-primary pupils no longer being recommended to wear a face covering on school premises.
A copy of the Minister’s statement is available here: Written statement
A guidance note has been issued to all schools and is available here: Guidance note
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter @Education_NI
- Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office at Press.Office@education-ni.gov.uk.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out-of-hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- McIlveen cuts first sod for new £33million build for Down High School 27 October 2022
- McIlveen extends Engage and Healthy Happy Minds programmes 27 October 2022
- New £14.5m Rossmar Special School officially opened 26 October 2022
- Nominate your school for Derrytrasna Pastoral Care Awards 25 October 2022