The Independent Panel’s report into the situation at De La Salle College in Belfast has now been published.
Education Minister Peter Weir said:
“I have now had time to consider the Independent Panel’s report and accept all of the recommendations within the report.
“I have asked my officials to work with CCMS and the Education Authority to put in place suitable arrangements for overseeing implementation of the report’s recommendations and work has already begun to ensure that this is done.
“As I have said before, my priority remains the pupils at the school. I am confident that the Panel’s report will provide a sound platform for moving forward in building relations within the school and the wider community, while also making a positive contribution to ensuring that all children receive a quality education experience.”
The report is available on the Department’s website.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter @education_NI
- See photos from the Department of Education in our flickr collection.
- Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office Tel: 028 9127 9207. Out of office hours, contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 076 99 715 440, and your call will be returned.
- Reinforced Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (RAAC) identified at a school in Belfast 29 November 2023
- Strike action will further disrupt the education of children and young people 20 November 2023
- Call for School Governors across Northern Ireland 13 November 2023
- Department comments ahead of strike action 10 November 2023