Education Minister, Peter Weir, has condemned the security alert in Belfast which resulted in a Primary school being evacuated.
St Paul’s Primary School in Beechmount was evacuated on its first day back from the summer holidays.
The Minister said: “This is the first day of the new school year for St Paul’s Primary School and a day when these young children should be settling and preparing for the year ahead.
“I utterly condemn this alert which has only served to hurt the most vulnerable in our society.”
Notes to editors:
1. Follow us on Twitter @education_NI https://twitter.com/Education_NI
2. See photos from the Department of Education in our flickr collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/niexecutive/collections/72157667842162353/
3. Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office Tel: 028 9127 9207. Out of office hours, contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 076 99 715 440, and your call will be returned.
- Ministers support cyber security message to protect children and young people online 11 February 2020
- Education Minister opens anti-bullying young people’s forum 07 February 2020
- Consultation on proposed update to nutritional standards for school food 30 January 2020
- £11.4 million works begin on St Patrick’s Primary School, North Belfast 23 January 2020