Education Minister, Peter Weir has confirmed that the Department of Education has received the independent report on De La Salle College, Belfast.
“On 28 April my predecessor announced an independent investigation into the situation at De La Salle College. I can now confirm that my Department has received the independent panel’s report.
“I appreciate the wide interest in the report’s findings and I am committed to sharing the recommendations as widely as possible. However given the extent of the report, I will now take time to consider the findings and decide how best to take forward the recommendations.
“My main priority will be ensuring that all the necessary steps are taken so that the pupils of De La Salle College receive a high standard of education and the opportunity to develop to their full potential.”
In conclusion the Minister expressed his appreciation to the members of the independent panel investigation for producing the report and to everyone who engaged with them openly and honestly and in doing so made a significant and positive contribution to the development of the final report.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter @education_NI
- See photos from the Department of Education in our flickr collection.
- Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office Tel: 028 9127 9207. Out of office hours, contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 076 99 715 440, and your call will be returned.
- NI Pupils perform well in mathematics, reading and science in International Survey 05 December 2023
- Reinforced Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (RAAC) identified at a school in Belfast 29 November 2023
- Strike action will further disrupt the education of children and young people 20 November 2023
- Call for School Governors across Northern Ireland 13 November 2023