Education Minister, Peter Weir has confirmed that the Department of Education has received the independent report on De La Salle College, Belfast.
“On 28 April my predecessor announced an independent investigation into the situation at De La Salle College. I can now confirm that my Department has received the independent panel’s report.
“I appreciate the wide interest in the report’s findings and I am committed to sharing the recommendations as widely as possible. However given the extent of the report, I will now take time to consider the findings and decide how best to take forward the recommendations.
“My main priority will be ensuring that all the necessary steps are taken so that the pupils of De La Salle College receive a high standard of education and the opportunity to develop to their full potential.”
In conclusion the Minister expressed his appreciation to the members of the independent panel investigation for producing the report and to everyone who engaged with them openly and honestly and in doing so made a significant and positive contribution to the development of the final report.
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter @education_NI
- See photos from the Department of Education in our flickr collection.
- Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office Tel: 028 9127 9207. Out of office hours, contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 076 99 715 440, and your call will be returned.
- McIlveen cuts first sod for new £33million build for Down High School 27 October 2022
- McIlveen extends Engage and Healthy Happy Minds programmes 27 October 2022
- New £14.5m Rossmar Special School officially opened 26 October 2022
- Nominate your school for Derrytrasna Pastoral Care Awards 25 October 2022