A £530,000 two classroom extension for Kilronan Special School has been officially opened by Education Minister Peter Weir today.
The project, which was delivered under the Department’s Minor Works Programme, comprises of a two classroom extension to the existing school, along with a quiet room, toilets, hygiene room, soft play area and resource space.
Peter Weir said:
“This is a very good day for pupils and staff at Kilronan School. This scheme will make a real difference to their daily school lives particularly as the number of pupils continue to grow.
“It is always a privilege to meet pupils and staff and see at first hand the excellent work that is being carried out. I know that the principal and her team work hard to make the school a happy and caring place for all their pupils.”
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter @Education_NI
- See photos from the Department of Education in our flickr collection.
- Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office Tel: 028 9127 9207. Out of office hours, contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 0762 397 4383 and your call will be returned.
- Transformation of Special Educational Needs essential – Givan 28 February 2024
- Publication of letter to Secretary of State requesting funding for Fresh Start school projects 26 February 2024
- Seven New Schools to Progress in Planning 20 February 2024
- Minister addresses pay and grading dispute with Joint Negotiating Council 20 February 2024