Education Minister, Peter Weir, today visited Millisle Primary School to officially open the new playground area.
Speaking at the event the Minister said:
“I would like to thank the Principal for her kind invitation and warm welcome today to celebrate the opening of the new playground. As Education Minister a key part of my role involves visiting schools right across Northern Ireland and it’s one I greatly enjoy. It was particularly good to be here today to open the new facilities and to see, first hand, the pupils enjoying the new facility.
“I want to thank everyone involved with this project for their hard work and commitment in bringing about its completion. I wish you great enjoyment of your new playground.”
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter @education_NI
- See photos from the Department of Education in our flickr collection.
- Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office Tel: 028 9127 9207. Out of office hours, contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 0762 397 4383, and your call will be returned.
- NI Pupils perform well in mathematics, reading and science in International Survey 05 December 2023
- Reinforced Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (RAAC) identified at a school in Belfast 29 November 2023
- Strike action will further disrupt the education of children and young people 20 November 2023
- Call for School Governors across Northern Ireland 13 November 2023