Education Minister Michelle McIlveen has cut the first sod on a project to build new classroom facilities at Enniskillen Integrated Primary School.
The project represents an investment of over £6million by the Department of Education and will include a new permanent seven classroom extension. When complete, this will eliminate the need for temporary mobile accommodation on site.
Speaking at the event, the Minister said: “I welcome the significant £6million investment in the future of Enniskillen Integrated Primary School. This new modern accommodation will provide an improved working environment for the staff and pupils of the school, which will have a positive effect for many years to come.
“I understand that schools are very much the hub of any community. I am therefore confident that this investment will also have a major impact on the wider local community, promoting good relations, and creating many positive outcomes.”
The scheme was announced as a project to receive funding from the Fresh Start Programme in March 2016.
The Minister concluded: “This is a good day for everyone at Enniskillen IPS and I’m pleased that I could be here to celebrate this occasion with the school.
“I wish the pupils, staff and the school management every success as they embark on this new chapter and I look forward to returning soon, to see the new extension in use.”
Notes to editors:
- Samuel Stevenson & Sons are the Integrated Consultant Team on the project. Woodvale Construction Company Ltd were appointed to carry out the construction works which are due to complete in late summer 2022.
- Follow us on Twitter @Education_ni
- Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office at Press.Office@education-ni.gov.uk.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out-of-hours service For Media Enquiries Only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Online applications open for free school meals and uniform grants 28 June 2021
- McIlveen welcomes monitoring round allocations 24 June 2021
- McIlveen welcomes planning permission for Ballycastle Shared Education Campus 23 June 2021
- Applications sought for Board/Council members of the Northern Ireland Council for Integrated Education (NICIE), The General Teaching Council for Northern Ireland (GTCNI) and Comhairle na Gaelscolaíochta (CnaG) 21 June 2021