The Department of Education (DE) has today announced that it is extending the appointment term for the Board members of the Youth Council for Northern Ireland (YCNI).
Máire Young OBE (Chair), Herbert Faulkner OBE (Vice-Chair) and Anne-Marie McClure MBE (member) were originally appointed on 13 May 2000. Derek Capper (member) was appointed on 11 June 2003. Hugh Campbell (member) and June Trimble MBE (member) were appointed on 9 February 2015. The term of all appointments has been extended until 31 March 2019.
All Board members bring a wealth of experience of working in or with the voluntary and community sector, particularly the youth sector. They also have experience of contributing to strategic direction and planning in an organisation and the ability to apply a high standard of accountability, corporate governance and risk management in an organisation.
None of the appointees holds any other Ministerial public appointments or have carried out any political activity in the last five years.
Notes to editors:
1. The YCNI was established under the Youth Service (Northern Ireland) Order 1989. It is a Non-Departmental Public Body (NDPB) reporting to DE.
2. The position of Chair and Vice-Chair are remunerated. Remuneration for the Chair is £15,131 per annum and remuneration for the Vice-Chair is £4,771 per annum. The remaining positions are not remunerated, although travel and subsistence allowances may be awarded.
3. All appointments are made on merit and political activity plays no part in the selection process. However, the Commissioner for Public Appointments for Northern Ireland (CPANI) requires the political activity of appointees to be published.
4. For media enquiries about this press release, please contact the DE Press Office on 028 9127 9755 or email email@example.com. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer on 028 9037 8110. Follow us on Twitter @education.ni and our new Facebook page Department of Education NI.
- Northern Ireland Teachers’ Pension Scheme – IT System contract award 20 June 2019
- Work starts on £8.6million Holy Evangelists’ Primary School in Dunmurry 19 June 2019
- Views sought on newcomer pupils policy 18 June 2019
- Post Primary Admissions - Information 31 May 2019