Education Minister John O’Dowd is encouraging schools to apply to the £25million Shared Education Signature Programme.
The Project, funded by the Executive and the Atlantic Philanthropies is designed to further embed Shared Education and requires schools to progress their current level of collaboration. The final date for applications in this third and final call is 23 November 2015.
Minister O’Dowd said:
“This is the third and final call for applications to the Shared Education Signature Project. I would encourage all schools to take advantage of this significant funding stream which is being made available. Many schools are already involved in shared education and this funding could help embed that good practice and learning even further, delivering improved outcomes for our children, young people and wider society.
“Schools, like other public services, are working within a difficult financial climate and this funding could make a real difference to many schools and pupils. Shared education is an important part of building a shared future and my department will continue to work with schools to offer advice on how they can make applications to this project.”
Notes to editors:
1. Advancing Shared Education is both a commitment within the Executive’s programme for Government and an action within the Together: Building a United Community Strategy.
2. The Delivering Social Change Shared Education project will run over until June 2018. The project, which will be administered by the Education Authority, will focus on schools that have already engaged in this work. Further information is available on the Shared Education Signature Project website.
3. The Atlantic Philanthropies are dedicated to bringing about lasting changes in the lives of disadvantaged and vulnerable people. Atlantic focuses on four critical social problems: Ageing, Children & Youth, Population Health, and Reconciliation & Human Rights. To learn more, visit the Atlantic Philanthropies website.
4. The first call for applications for the Shared Education Signature Project to support Shared Education programmes in schools over the next four years was launched in December 2014.
5. For media queries please contact the Department of Education’s Communications Team on 028 9127 9701. Out of office hours please contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07699 715 440 and your call will be returned.
- Work starts on £3.8million Gaelscoil na gCrann in Omagh 10 April 2019
- Applications sought for board members for Middletown Centre for Autism 09 April 2019
- Local schools awarded for exceptional pastoral care 08 April 2019
- Appointment of chairperson and board members to the Education Authority 28 March 2019