Education Minister Michelle McIlveen, has today announced an investment in GCSE Revision Guides to support pupils preparing for their examinations.
This is one element of a wide range of additional support which has been put in place to support pupils taking public examinations in summer 2022, which includes funding for Easter revision schemes and also the provision of GCSE Maths revision cards, lessons and practice questions.
Minister McIlveen said:
“I am pleased to announce the roll-out of these excellent GCSE revision resources.
“Investment of over £200,000 for eBooks will provide significant support materials to young people as they prepare for their examinations.”
All post-primary schools are able to purchase Revision eBooks across a wide range of subjects for their pupils undertaking GSCEs with The Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA).
Each school will be allocated funding, dependent on Year 12 pupil numbers, to spend on guides.
The revision guides include GCSE English, Double and Single Award Science, biology, chemistry, physics, geography; history; digital technology; religious studies, food and nutrition.
Notes to editors:
- Further details about the provision of GCSE Revision eBooks can be accessed at https://www.education-ni.gov.uk/publications/letter-principals-gcse-revision-ebooks
- Each eBook is valid for 1 year from the date the book is allocated to the student and can be reallocated to other students within the 1 year period.
- The Revision eBooks have not been developed by CCEA.
- Follow us on Twitter @Education_ni
- Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office at Press.Office@education-ni.gov.uk
- The Executive Information Service operates an out-of-hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Appointment of a Non-Executive Member to the Department of Education 06 May 2022
- McIlveen announces extra £7.6M for Engage II programme 26 March 2022
- Statement from Education Minister on the use of face coverings in schools 25 March 2022
- McIlveen launches Platinum Jubilee Education Programme 25 March 2022