Education Minister Michelle McIlveen has outlined arrangements for awarding CCEA qualifications in 2023.
The Minister also announced a £2million Qualifications Support Programme to further support pupils preparing for exams next year.
In Summer 2023, across all CCEA GCSE, AS and A Level qualifications, young people will be provided with advance information on the focus of assessment for each qualification.
Minister McIlveen said:
“Today I have set out a clear plan for qualifications in 2023. I have put in place a comprehensive package of measures to give reassurance to our young people, their families, teachers and school leaders in advance of the new academic year.
“Fairness to pupils is my priority. Arrangements for next year’s qualifications acknowledge the unprecedented disruption our education system has faced and aim to support recovery.
“Advance information about the broad areas to be assessed in each examination will provide important support to learners, increasing their confidence and aiding their revision.”
Commenting on the Qualifications Support Programme, the Minister said:
“I am allocating £2million to a Qualifications Support Programme, which will provide funding to all post-primary schools. Schools will have the freedom to deploy this funding flexibly, in a way that best supports their pupils preparing for exams in 2023.”
Notes to editors:
- Follow the Department of Education on Twitter @Education_NI(external link opens in a new window / tab) and on Facebook @Department of Education NI(external link opens in a new window / tab)
- Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office Tel: 028 9127 9207 or email: Press.Office@education-ni.gov.uk.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out-of-hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- NI Pupils perform well in mathematics, reading and science in International Survey 05 December 2023
- Reinforced Autoclaved Aerated Concrete (RAAC) identified at a school in Belfast 29 November 2023
- Strike action will further disrupt the education of children and young people 20 November 2023
- Call for School Governors across Northern Ireland 13 November 2023