Education Minister John O’Dowd has visited New Row Primary School in Castledawson to launch a new website and motto.
The New Row school motto is ‘We Care, We Share, We Learn’ and the new website has been designed to be interactive and parent friendly and includes an app for mobile use.
The Minister was shown around the school where he took part in a numeracy board game and a literacy activity. He also saw an Irish language class and an ICT in action class. John O’Dowd said:
“It’s a pleasure to visit your school today, a school which has been providing education to the children of this community for over 100 years.
“So much has changed in the delivery of education over that time and New Row has adapted to the times. A new interactive and innovative website is evidence of adapting to the times.
“One thing that has not changed over that time is your ethos, reflected in your motto – We Care, We Share, We Learn. I believe that all children should have the opportunity to succeed and that success often happens within a caring family/community environment.
“I have very much enjoyed my visit to your school today. I wish you all every success for the future.”
Notes to editors:
- New Row Primary School is a Roman Catholic Maintained Primary School with an enrolment of 171 pupils.
- The Department of Education’s ‘Education Works’ campaign promotes the value of education. This year’s campaign aims to ensure that parents have information on schooling and that they are aware of the steps they can take to ‘Get Involved’ and support their teenager in achieving good outcomes at school. Watch out for the ads on television, radio and outdoor locations. The campaign highlights the vital role families can play in helping children do well at school and improve their life chances. Visit nidirect - Education Works for more information or watch the TV ad on the Department’s YouTube channel.
- See photos from the Department of Education in our flickr collection,
- Media enquiries to the Department of Education’s Communications Team on Tel: 028 9127 9755. Out of office hours contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07699715440 and your call will be returned.
- Appointment of a Non-Executive Member to the Department of Education 06 May 2022
- McIlveen announces extra £7.6M for Engage II programme 26 March 2022
- Statement from Education Minister on the use of face coverings in schools 25 March 2022
- McIlveen launches Platinum Jubilee Education Programme 25 March 2022