Education Minister Michelle McIlveen has today made a statement to the Northern Ireland Assembly announcing 28 schools to advance in planning under the Major Capital Works Programme.
The schools will benefit from an estimated capital investment of £794m.
A copy of the Minister’s statement is available here: www.education-ni.gov.uk/publications/oral-statement-major-capital-works
Notes to editors:
1. The list of schools which will advance in planning from this announcement are:
Ballyclare High School
Ballyclare Secondary School
Belfast High School
Cambridge House, Ballymena
Dean Maguirc College
Dromore High School
Edmund Rice, Newtownabbey
Friends' School Lisburn
Hunterhouse College, Belfast
Killicomaine Junior High School
Larne High School
Lisnagarvey High School, Lisburn
Loreto College, Coleraine
Lumen Christi College, Londonderry
Malone Integrated College, Belfast
Mercy College, Belfast
Sperrin Integrated College, Magherafelt
St Brigid's College, Londonderry
St Catherine's College, Armagh
St Ciaran's College, Dungannon
St Joseph's College, Belfast
St Louise's Comprehensive College, Belfast
St Paul's High School, Newry
St Pius X College, Magherafelt.
2. Follow us on Twitter @Education_NI
3. Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office Tel: 028 9127 9207 or email: Press.Office@education-ni.gov.uk.
4. The Executive Information Service operates an out-of-hours service for media enquiries only between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- McIlveen cuts first sod for new £33million build for Down High School 27 October 2022
- McIlveen extends Engage and Healthy Happy Minds programmes 27 October 2022
- New £14.5m Rossmar Special School officially opened 26 October 2022
- Nominate your school for Derrytrasna Pastoral Care Awards 25 October 2022