Education Minister, Peter Weir, has presented Rathcoole Primary School with the Marjorie Boxall Quality Mark Award for Nurture provision.
Speaking during an event at the school, the Minister said:
“Receiving this award demonstrates the high quality of nurture provision within the school and its commitment to the care and nurture of all pupils and how well it is helping them through the early years of school.”
During the visit the Minister met with staff and pupils and had the opportunity to watch a DVD on the school’s nurture journey.
“Rathcoole is now the fifth primary school in Northern Ireland to have received a Boxall Award from the UK national accrediting body, the Nurture Group Network. Receipt of the award requires that the school’s Nurture Group is operating to the highest possible standards but also looks closely at how nurturing principles are being applied across the school. So while the Nurture Group can remain focused on those children most in need of its support, every pupil can benefit.”
In conclusion the Minister congratulated everyone at the school for their commitment and dedication to their pupils.
“This award is testament to the hard-work and commitment of the school to support not just those children who have come through the nurture group but all of its pupils. I wish everyone well for the future.”
Notes to editors:
- Follow us on Twitter @education_NI
- See photos from the Department of Education in our flickr collection.
- Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office Tel: 028 9127 9207. Out of office hours, contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 076 99 715 440, and your call will be returned.
- Face coverings to be mandatory on all school transport for post primary children 29 October 2020
- Weir welcomes additional funding for schools 29 October 2020
- Minister welcomes extension of Free School Meal payments to cover Halloween break 22 October 2020
- Applications sought for a Chairperson and Members for the Board of the Council for the Curriculum Examinations & Assessment (CCEA) 19 October 2020