The Department of Education has today published information on the childcare recovery plan and Education Restart programme which will align to form the basis for the return to school in August.
The information, which is published on the Department’s website in a question and answer format, provides an initial outline of both programmes and will be updated to address additional issues as and when they arise.
On 18 June, the Education Minister Peter Weir announced the publication of a Childcare Sector Recovery plan which aims to restore the childcare sector to pre-Covid-19 capacity levels as quickly as possible.
The Department’s Education Restart Programme, which identifies six priority work-streams to deliver reopening of schools, was also endorsed by the NI Executive on June 18.
Minister for Education, Peter Weir said: “Both the childcare recovery plan and the Education Restart Programme are important starting points in the journey to reopening schools.
“We realise there is a lot of new information regarding both schemes and have provided today’s FAQs to enable parents, childcare and educational settings to access details they may need as easily as possible.
“This information is by no means exhaustive and we will be adding to the FAQs as and when the need arises.”
Notes to editors:
1. The Childcare Recovery Plan FAQs can be accessed here: https://www.education-ni.gov.uk/faqs-childcare-recovery-plans-24-june-2020
2. The Education Restart Programme FAQs can be accessed here: https://www.education-ni.gov.uk/faqs-education-restart-programme-24-june-2020
4. Follow us on Twitter @Education_ni
5. Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office at Press.Office@education-ni.gov.uk.
6. The Executive Information Service operates an out-of-hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Latest Department of Education updates in relation to COVID-19 (coronavirus) 04 August 2020
- Expert panel to tackle educational underachievement 28 July 2020
- Education Minister announces measures to support childcare providers 22 July 2020
- Update on additional support measures for children this summer 10 July 2020