The Department of Education has today published information on the childcare recovery plan and Education Restart programme which will align to form the basis for the return to school in August.
The information, which is published on the Department’s website in a question and answer format, provides an initial outline of both programmes and will be updated to address additional issues as and when they arise.
On 18 June, the Education Minister Peter Weir announced the publication of a Childcare Sector Recovery plan which aims to restore the childcare sector to pre-Covid-19 capacity levels as quickly as possible.
The Department’s Education Restart Programme, which identifies six priority work-streams to deliver reopening of schools, was also endorsed by the NI Executive on June 18.
Minister for Education, Peter Weir said: “Both the childcare recovery plan and the Education Restart Programme are important starting points in the journey to reopening schools.
“We realise there is a lot of new information regarding both schemes and have provided today’s FAQs to enable parents, childcare and educational settings to access details they may need as easily as possible.
“This information is by no means exhaustive and we will be adding to the FAQs as and when the need arises.”
Notes to editors:
1. Further information can be found on the Childcare Recovery Plan FAQs
2. Further information can aslo be found on the Education Restart Programme FAQs
4. Follow us on Twitter @Education_ni (external link opens in a new window/tab)
5. Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office at Press.Office@education-ni.gov.uk.
6. The Executive Information Service operates an out-of-hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- McIlveen launches scheme to promote period dignity in schools 21 September 2021
- CPR Training for Post Primary Pupils 20 September 2021
- Major investment for outdoor play and learning in special schools 14 September 2021
- Schools no longer required to undertake contact tracing 09 September 2021