Education Minister, Peter Weir, has today published guidance for schools on supporting remote learning during the Covid-19 outbreak.
The guidance provides advice and support to schools and is designed to bring together what we are learning about emerging practice during this unprecedented time for the education system.
Education Minister Peter Weir said: “I want to thank all the teachers and staff who are working so hard to ensure our pupils are supported at this time.
“I hope that schools and teachers will find the guidance provided by the Department helpful to support pupils’ learning. It is not intended to be prescriptive but to support schools as they develop and refine their practice around remote learning.
“My Department, working with the Education Authority and other key stakeholders, will add to the guidance during the coming weeks and months. In the coming weeks, we will publish a number of case studies to provide opportunities for schools to learn from each other.”
Notes to editors:
- Guidance for schools on supporting remote learning to provide educational continuity can be accessed on the Department’s website at Guidance for Schools on Supporting Remote Learning. Copies have been emailed to all schools.
- Follow us on Twitter: @Education_ni
- Media enquiries to the Department of Education Press Office at Press.Office@education-ni.gov.uk.
- The Executive Information Service operates an out of hours service for media enquiries between 1800hrs and 0800hrs Monday to Friday and at weekends and public holidays. The duty press officer can be contacted on 028 9037 8110.
- Weir – important that admissions criteria are fair and robust 22 January 2021
- Income Support Scheme for Substitute Teachers 22 January 2021
- Weir announces £1m for Residential Outdoor Education Centres 22 January 2021
- Report into alternative awarding arrangements published 21 January 2021