The Department of Education has today published a statistical bulletin which provides final figures and detailed analysis of attendance at grant-aided primary, post-primary and special schools for the academic year 2014/15.
The key findings are:
- The overall attendance rate for primary schools in 2014/15 was 95.4% of the total half days; 4.6% of all half days were missed due to absence; 3.5% authorised and 1.1% unauthorised absence.
- The overall attendance rate for post-primary schools in 2014/15 was 93.4% of the total half days; 6.6% of all half days were missed due to absence; 4.5% authorised and 2.1% unauthorised absence.
- The overall attendance rate for special schools in 2014/15 was 90.2% of the total half days; 9.8% of all half days were missed due to absence; 6.7% authorised and 3.1% unauthorised absence.
The full bulletin can be viewed on the DE website.
Notes to editors:
1. Absence is reported by schools in half day sessions and recorded as authorised or unauthorised.
2. Initial findings for 2014/15 were published on 21 January 2016. This statistical bulletin supplements that information and includes analysis of attendance data by school type and characteristics such as management type, as well as pupil characteristics, for example gender and ethnicity.
3. Attendance data for the 2014/15 academic year was collected from all grant-aided primary, post-primary and special schools in Northern Ireland via the school census which was conducted in October 2015.
4. Media enquiries to the Department of Education’s Communication Team Tel: 028 9127 9755. Out of office hours contact the Duty Press Officer via pager number 07699715440 and your call will be returned.
- Appointment of a Non-Executive Member to the Department of Education 06 May 2022
- McIlveen announces extra £7.6M for Engage II programme 26 March 2022
- Statement from Education Minister on the use of face coverings in schools 25 March 2022
- McIlveen launches Platinum Jubilee Education Programme 25 March 2022